Location: Law Library Room 208
For current Allard School of Law students and faculty only. Registration is required.
Enhance your law school studies with Lexis+ Canada, a leading online legal research service for cases, legislation, secondary materials, and more. Angeline Han, a former BC law grad, will be coming to campus on October 3rd and 12th to highlight what Lexis+ has to offer and to share tips and tricks for effective searching. Students can earn 750 STAR Rewards points for a chance to win prizes from LexisNexis throughout the year.
- Where to start your legal research to locate leading cases and legislation: Halsbury’s Laws of Canada, the Canada Digests, and more
- Search tips to pull cases by citation, party name, keywords;
- Utilizing Lexis Answers;
- Noting up cases;
- Exploring other content (Law Reviews & Journals, Dictionaries, Drafting Materials, Quantums);
- Exploring other tools (Practical Guidance, Legislative Pulse, Brief Analysis, Legal News
Please have your IDs and passwords before attending sessions
E-mail Elim Wong at email@example.com, Reference Librarian in the Law Library if you require passwords or have any questions.
- Thursday, October 12, 2023
- 12:30pm - 1:45pm
- Angeline Han