Thesis Formatting: Tips, tricks, and resources
Are you worried about getting your thesis/dissertation into the format required by the Faculty of Graduate Studies? Would you like to know more about how to use the formatting features in Microsoft Word? Research Commons staff will help you with your questions about the nuts and bolts of formatting: page layout, numbering, headings, front matter, and more!
This workshop will also cover the basic resources that are available to help you in writing your thesis/dissertation. This includes a special section about copyright and your thesis.
- Graduate students at any stage of the writing process are welcome, but some prior knowledge of Microsoft Word is recommended.
- Please bring your own laptop to this workshop with Microsoft Word already installed.
- Note: We have a limited number of laptops that you are most welcome to borrow. If you would like to borrow a laptop, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To keep up-to-date with all of the workshops, consults, and events Subscribe to the UBC Library Research Commons monthly newsletter.
- Tuesday, November 5, 2019
- 2:00pm - 4:00pm
- 548 and 552 - Presentation Room (Combined)
- Koerner Library
- Nasim Peikazadi & Josh Chan