Literature Reviews: Searching and Keeping Track
Susan Atkey and Sheryl Adam (Koerner Library) with specialized assistance from Katherine Miller and Mayu Ishida (Woodward Library) and Wendy Traas and Emily Fornwald (Education Library) and Keith Bunnel, Anne Olsen and Susan Paterson (Koerner Library)
This session is appropriate for students conducting literature reviews in any discipline.
- ... what is a literature review?
- ... finding the right databases
- ... search strategies for databases
- ... finding scholarly articles, theses and dissertations, books, and more
- ... resources to help you keep track of your research.
There will be plenty of hands-on time for searching, and assistance from the two presenting librarians.
Limit of 60 registrants.
Can't make it to this workshop? Check for additional dates or contact the subject specialist librarian for your subject.
**Health Science Researchers: this workshop does NOT cover how to do a Systematic Review.**
This workshop is offered as part of our Literature Reviews workshop series.
- ...Literature Reviews: Searching and Keeping Track
- ...Literature Reviews: Analyzing (with NVivo)
- ...Literature Reviews: Writing
These workshops compliment one another and can be taken in any order. See the full list of these workshops.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To keep up-to-date with all of the workshops, consults, and events subscribe to the UBC Library Research Commons monthly newsletter.
Related LibGuide: Literature Reviews by Sheryl Adam
- Thursday, August 13, 2020
- 2:00pm - 4:00pm
- Sheryl Adam, Susan Atkey, Keith Bunnell, Emily Fornwald, Mayu Ishida, Sasha Krieger, Anne Olsen, Katherine Miller, Susan Paterson, Zofia Szuberla & Wendy Traas