Research Data Management Part 1: Managing Active Research Data
How do you manage your research data? Join us for a research data management planning workshop designed to help you incorporate best practices for data management into your own work. We will address such questions as:
- What file naming conventions should I use?
- What is metadata? How will it help me manage my data?
- What is a data repository? Which one should I use?
- Do I need permission to share my data?
- In addition, we will discuss critical components of data management planning, provide hands-on practice with methods to name and organize files, review data management resources, and give you a framework to develop your own data management plan. We welcome all researchers: faculty, postdocs, graduate students, undergraduate students and others.
This workshop is followed by Research Data Management Part 2: Preserving and Reusing Research Data, which completes our exploration of the research data management lifecycle.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email [email address of workshop co-host].
To keep up-to-date with all of the workshops, consults, and events subscribe to the UBC Library Research Commons monthly newsletter.
- Tuesday, November 17, 2020
- 10:00am - 11:00am