From Project Plan to Release - Publishing an Open Text
As more faculty engage in the development of open educational resources (OERs), the publishing of open texts has increased. Open textbook collections are growing and the opportunity to engage in developing this content is becoming more accessible to faculty interested in educational publishing. But with these new opportunities comes a need to better understand how you go from a plan to a fully published open text?
This webinar provides a phased approach to publishing an open text. The session will cover:
- Determining the Project Scope and developing a plan,
- Developing an Accessibility, Diversity, and Inclusion Plan,
- Developing a text outline, design and style guide,
- Developing a release plan and peer review process, and;
- Developing a post-release plan, including collection of impact data.
This session will also provide you with templates and guides for your text project, in addition to outlining the supports and services available at UBC.
If you have any questions, concerns, or accessibility needs please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thursday, November 5, 2020
- 10:00am - 11:00am