Research Data Management
How do you manage your research data? Join us for a research data management planning workshop designed to help you incorporate best practices for data management into your work. We will address such questions as:
- How can I manage my active research data?
- What file naming conventions should I use?
- What is metadata? How will it help me manage my data?
- Where and why should I deposit my data once my project is complete?
- What is a data repository? Which one should I use?
- How can I ensure that my data is preserved for years to come?
- How does a Data Management Plan help to tie all of this together?
We will discuss critical components of data management planning, provide hands-on practice with methods to name and organize files, review data management resources, and give you a framework to develop your own data management plan.
We welcome all researchers: faculty, postdocs, graduate students, undergraduate students and others.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.
To keep up-to-date with all of the workshops, consults, and events subscribe to the UBC Library Research Commons monthly newsletter.
- Tuesday, August 17, 2021
- 11:00am - 12:00pm