Introduction to Markdown digital workflows
* A text editor (note: not a word processor!) that can save in plain text format. A good choice is AtoM: https://atom.io/.
Helpful, but not required:
* A GitHub.com or Gitlab.com account. We’ll demonstrate how to use GitHub Pages to host a static site. For a more complete introduction to creating static sites with Github Pages, please see the Introduction to Jekyll (https://ubc-library-rc.github.io/intro-jekyll/) workshop.
* Some familiarity with working in a command line / Unix shell interface. Some of the tools we will introduce make use of the command-line, but there are usually alternatives and this is not required. If you'd like to learn more about the command-line shell before you start, please take a look at this workshop Introduction to the Unix Shell (https://ubc-library-rc.github.io/intro-shell/).
* Some familiarity with Git. If you’d like to learn more about Git and GitHub before going any further, please see this workshop: Introduction to Git and Github (https://ubc-library-rc.github.io/intro-git/).
If you have any questions, concerns, or accessibility needs please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To keep up-to-date with all of the workshops, consults, and events subscribe to the UBC Library Research Commons monthly newsletter.
- Tuesday, October 26, 2021
- 1:00pm - 2:30pm
- Liam Doherty