Academic Publishing in the Humanities and Social Sciences: Strategies and Considerations for Graduate Students
This workshop will provide graduate students with an introduction to academic publishing, offering guidance on how to navigate the publishing process from start to finish. Beginning with where to submit your work and how to prepare a manuscript for submission, the session will move through the peer review process and end with a discussion on managing copyright in your research.
Topics covered will include:
- Assessing journal quality (predatory publishing)
- Managing the publication process
- Author rights (copyright in your research)
- Alternative or non-traditional publishing
If you have any questions, concerns, or accessibility needs please email email@example.com.
To keep up-to-date with all of the workshops, consults, and events subscribe to the UBC Library Research Commons monthly newsletter.
- Monday, November 15, 2021
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- Stephanie Savage