Lexis Advance Quicklaw Training
For current Allard School of Law students and faculty only. Registration is required.
Excel in your law school studies this academic year with Lexis Advance Quicklaw. Join an upcoming session to learn how to search the broad collection of Canadian Primary and Secondary Sources available on Lexis Advance Quicklaw and discover tips and tricks for effective searching to help you find what you need quickly and efficiently. You will find winning legal insights faster with Lexis Advance Quicklaw’s powerful search and collaboration tools, plus you can earn while you learn with STAR Rewards this year and earn 750 points for attending a training session!
- Where to start your research;
- How to quickly find leading decisions
- Search caselaw by citation, party name and keyword search
- Conduct due diligence on a case to determine if it’s still “good law”
- How to Halsbury’s Laws of Canada to help you understand an area of law and the current state of the common law
- Search relevant Secondary Sources to help you gain a deeper understanding issues
- How to quickly discover the meaning of legal terms and phrases
Please have your IDs and passwords before attending sessions
E-mail Elim Wong at firstname.lastname@example.org, Reference Librarian in the Law Library if you require passwords or have any questions.
- Monday, September 27, 2021
- 12:30pm - 2:00pm
- Camilia Lalani