Using Mendeley for Citation Management
Mendeley is a reference management tool that helps you build libraries of references and then add citations and bibliographies to word-processed documents. This workshop is meant for those using or considering Mendeley as a Citation Management tool.
Before the workshop
Please ensure you have done all of the following:
- Install Mendeley from this page: https://www.mendeley.com/download-desktop-new/
- Create a Mendeley account
- Install Mendeley citation plugin. This process differs based on your version of Microsoft Word and your operating system. See link for detailed instructions
- Install Mendeley Web Importer: https://www.mendeley.com/reference-management/web-importer (Chrome recommended)
Instructions for Mendeley setup can be found on the Mendeley guide. If you are having difficulties, please consider attending the Choosing a Citation Manager workshop or booking a consultation before the workshop.
Please keep in mind that the moderator will not devote much time to reviewing the installation process during the workshop. It is important to ensure that all the installation steps are completed beforehand so that we can fully utilize the time available for the workshop.
- Add, edit, and organize references using Mendeley,
- Create bibliographies with Mendeley,
- Manage PDF documents with Mendeley,
- Use the Mendeley “Papers” database, and
- Learn how to collaborate with colleagues using social-networking features in Mendeley.
- Homepage for this workshop: researchcommons.library.ubc.ca/citation-management-using-mendeley-intermediate/
This workshop will be recorded. All registered participants will receive the recording by email.
If you have any questions, concerns, or accessibility needs please email email@example.com.
To keep up-to-date with all of the workshops, consults, and events subscribe to the UBC Library Research Commons monthly newsletter.
Related LibGuide: Citation Management by Research Commons
- Monday, March 6, 2023
- 4:30pm - 6:00pm
- M. Reza Karimi