For current Allard School of Law students and faculty only. Registration is required to receive a link to the training session.
Excel in your law school studies this academic year with Lexis+ Canada. Join an upcoming session to learn how to search the broad collection of Canadian Primary and Secondary Sources available on Lexis+ and discover tips and tricks for effective searching to help you find what you need quickly and efficiently. You will find winning legal insights faster with Lexis+’s powerful search and collaboration tools, plus you can earn while you learn with STAR Rewards this year and earn 750 points for attending a training session!
- Where to start your research;
- How to quickly find leading decisions
- Search caselaw by citation, party name and keyword search
- Conduct due diligence on a case to determine if it’s still “good law”
- How to Halsbury’s Laws of Canada to help you understand an area of law and the current state of the common law
- Search relevant Secondary Sources to help you gain a deeper understanding issues
- How to quickly discover the meaning of legal terms and phrases
Please have your IDs and passwords before attending sessions
E-mail Elim Wong at firstname.lastname@example.org, Reference Librarian in the Law Library if you require passwords or have any questions.
- Tuesday, March 7, 2023
- 12:30pm - 1:30pm
- Nikki Guzman