Westlaw Edge Canada & Practical Law Training
For current Allard School of Law students and faculty only. Registration is required.
Get a leg up on the competition! Please join us for an overview of two Thomson Reuters online services. You are welcome to stay for both products or join for the one of your choosing.
Westlaw Edge Canada (12:30 – 1:25pm PT)
This powerful service gives you access to regularly updated case law and statutes, complete with the exclusive KeyCite citation service. Includes secondary sources, expertly written forms, legal memos, newsletters, journals, and practice tools.
· Client ID – Tracking Research & Chargeback
· Efficiency tools: History & Folders
· Browsing, Finding & Searching (Natural Language, Boolean)
· Delivery Options: Printing, Emailing, Downloading, Kindle
· Annotating Options: Highlighting, Adding Notes & Copy with Reference
· Getting to know the new features and enhancements in Westlaw Edge
Practical Law Canada (1:30 – 1:45pm PT)
Practical Law Canada is a Thomson Reuters online know-how solution with task-based guidance to help lawyers practice better and more efficiently with resources that are maintained up-to-date by an in-house team of expert lawyers.
· Getting to know the resources (Practice Notes, Standard Docs, Checklists, Toolkits)
· Browsing & Searching
· Using the enhanced multiple filters option on result lists
· Document delivery options
· Using What’s Market to review and compare CDN & US deals
Please open attachment of registration confirmation for the session link & have your IDs and passwords before attending sessions.
E-mail Elim Wong at firstname.lastname@example.org, Reference Librarian in the Law Library if you require passwords or have any questions.
- Thursday, March 9, 2023
- 12:30pm - 1:45pm
- Allison Bale