Descriptive statistics with R
R is often used for quantitative analysis in both the humanities and sciences. This workshop demonstrates how to produce descriptive statistics with R. Participants are expected to already be familiar with R and the RStudio environment.
The workshop is one hour, followed by an optional 30 minute practice period to reinforce what you learned or consult with the instructors.
To participate fully you will need to install the latest versions of R and RStudio on your computer before the workshop:
- Install R from https://cran.rstudio.com/
- Install RStudio from https://rstudio.com/products/rstudio/download/#download
About this workshop series
Descriptive statistics with R is one of six R workshops offered by the UBC Library Research Commons. Each one-hour sesson introduces a particular task or application in R, followed by an optional 30 minute practice period with support from the instructors. The series goal is to introduce participants to the data analysis and visualization potential of R and to encourage further self-paced exploration. Upcoming workshops in the series:
- Visualization with ggplot2, Feb 9, 11am-12pm
- Introduction to R and RStudio, March 1, 1-2pm
- Data manipulation with dplyr, March 15, 1-2pm
- Loops and conditional statements in R, March 29, 1-2pm
- Using RMarkdown, April 12, 11am-12pm
If you have any questions, concerns, or accessibility needs please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To keep up-to-date with all of the workshops, consults, and events, subscribe to the UBC Library Research Commons monthly newsletter.
- Thursday, March 9, 2023
- 11:00am - 12:00pm
- All Graduate
- Data Research Commons
- Jared Connoy, Ashley (Yue) Mao