Publishing a Book with Pressbooks – Advanced Pressbooks
This webinar is the second in a two-part series that will discuss how to use Pressbooks to create and share open educational resources. Pressbooks is an online self-publishing tool available to all post-secondary faculty and staff in B.C. and the Yukon.
This webinar will explore various advanced features of Pressbooks. Participants will get to see a webbook edited in real-time to demonstrate features. Topics for the webinar may include:
- Creating interactives using H5P
- Using Latex for scientific notation
- Making global stylistic changes
- Making your book discoverable through metadata
- Managing copyright
- Organizing content for sustainable updating
To make the session as relevant to our participants' needs as possible, a 2-minute survey will be sent a week prior to the event. Participants' answers will directly impact what is covered during the session.
- *ONLINE* Registrants will be sent the Zoom link in a registration confirmation email.
If you have any questions, concerns, or accessibility needs please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To keep up-to-date with all of the workshops, consults, and events, subscribe to the Open UBC Newsletter.
- Thursday, October 26, 2023
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- Erin Fields & Leila Malkin